The original and on going purpose of veterinary medicine is to strive to achieve optimum health for our animal kingdom. Veterinary medicine is birth from science regardless of traditional or holistic. In each different path lie their strengths and weaknesses. The point is not to discredit traditional and uphold holistic veterinary. Each school can be viewed as complementary or rivals.
1. Traditional western veterinary also known as allopathic veterinary use conventional medicine. These medicines are usually synthetic in origin.
2. The approach treats symptoms. For example, the veterinarian will administer medicine to relieve itchy skin.
3. Every patient is handled in the same way. For example, a dog with a bladder infection will be treated with antibiotics
4. Some conventional medicine will cause side effects. Some dogs will benefit from natural therapies. Take for example; dealing with skin allergy, transitioning from drugs to natural can save the life of your furry friend. It is not easy to reduce medicine that is harmful. Usually minimised side effects. Allergy drugs such as cyclosporine is potent and expensive, an immunosuppressant drug designed to shut down immune system. It is prescribed to human transplant recipients. Possible side effect is vomiting and diarrhoea after using cyclosporine. Use a different approach; frequent baths with organic shampoo, diet supplements, herbal remedies improved skin with no side effect that's life threatening
5. Good for emergencies, diagnosing the body of an animal and surgery.
1. Not only does the holistic veterinary ask what the problem is, but also inquire why does the dog have this infection?
2. The veterinarian will search for root cause of condition. Once determined, he will eliminate the problem for good.
3. He will treat the pain and health issue (same as traditional) and support the dog fight against disease.
4. He is concern with all aspect of dog's life. Besides the present circumstances, the veterinarian will ask whether any changes happened to owner's life that may have contributed to present condition. Change in diet, environment, and move house.
5. Based on the above, he will customise a treatment program.
6. Each dog expresses symptoms of disease in different way. Dogs with same illness have different symptoms or vice versa. For example, itchy skin can be due to allergies, lice, skin infections
7. Holistic veterinary major in treating chronic, long-term illnesses, easing skin problems, calming the body, joints and muscles and nervous systems and boost immunity.
8. Broad category of Holistic veterinary:
• Chiropractic involves straightening bones and joints.
• Homeopathy like cure like uses highly diluted preparation of certain plants and elements to show body how to return to equilibrium and heal.
• Traditional Chinese Medicine use herbs to treat ailments.
• Homotoxicology, a branch of homeopathy that emphasizes detoxification as well as treatment of disease.
• Nutraceuticals inculcate nutritional supplements used to help various problems.
• Physical therapy incorporates massage, stretching, swim therapy, underwater treadmill.
Powered By: www.myblog20155.wordpress.com